Monday, January 4, 2010

I Was Wrong

Well, at the end of 2009, were you doing something you've been looking forward to?  How about something you thought would be pretty lame but turned out to be great?  The latter describes my New Year's celebration.

New Year's Eve I had the joy of struggling to stay awake and playing euchre after a ludicrously early morning.  New Year's Day I relaxed working on a puzzle with a friend and then checking out Avatar.  Now, I was not really looking forward to seeing the movie at all.  I heard some good things via word of mouth, but other than that didn't really care about it.  I will admit now though, that I was wrong and should have been looking forward to it.

I won't say that it's an "amazing movie," but I will say that it's a darn good one, and definitely a specticle to check out in the theatre.  I saw it on a regular screen in 2D and now I want to check it out on an IMAX in 3D because the effects really are that incredible.  James Cameron really made Pandora come to life and it looked like it was an actual place; almost as if he filmed it in a fantasy Hawaii.  I definitely recommend the movie, though with it dominating the box office the last three weeks, you've probably already seen it.

Here's today's Web Waster:

Living.Health - With the New Year comes New Year's resolutions, and many of those are about being healthy and getting in shape.  Use this website to help you find some fun ideas to stay true to your resolution this summer so that you can feel confident the next time you hit up the beach this summer.

No comments: