Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hump Day Artist of the Week VIII

On time three weeks in a row! Fantastic! Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll probably be late next week, but I'm enjoying my punctuality now!

I want to go in a little bit of a different direction for this week and focus on a particular album of this weeks artist, rather than their whole catalog. The reason I say this is because the many variations of The Red Hot Chili Peppers are so vast and varied that I can't summarize all of their styles and re-inventions of themselves throughout the years. So I'm going to focus on my favorite album from the Chili Peppers: Californication.

The album starts off with "All Around the World" and is one of my favorite opening tracks on any album. It sets the tone and pace of the album without giving too much away. From there the RHCP open the flood gates and pour out song after song of pure-awesomeness. Whether it's rockin with "Right on Time" or "I Like Dirt" or mellowing out with "Otherside" or "Californication," the Red Hot Chili Peppers know how to make quality music with credibility that still has mass appeal.

So even though they aren't touring right now, and it might be awhile before a new CD comes out, make sure you give Californication a couple of spins this week and dream of summer days. Or better yet, pop on over to the Amazon Store on K107.com and download some of the songs or the whole album to use on your computer, iPod, or whatever!

No comments: